It takes a lot of dedication, volunteer hours and donations to run the Plainville Community Food Pantry. We are pleased to offer the information on this page to help you understand our work.
We want to acknowledge the many individuals, organizations and foundations for their generous support both now and in the past.
- November 2007 The PCFP celebrates 7 years in its new building
- Plainville Food Pantry reorganization: New shelving & racks
- Postal Food Drive brought in over 6,000 pounds of food
- Celebrate Plainville Award recipient: Joesph Plourde
- Celebrate Plainville Award recipient: Rich Dziura
- 8,300 pounds of food brought in through Postal Food Drive.
- Bread Route Volunteers won the Ellen Varnum Volunteer of the Year Award from RSVP.
- Warehouse volunteers, who sort and put away incoming donations, assemble mailings and organize the warehouse, logged 2,092 hours valued at $14,857.
- Awarded a $50,000 grant by CHEFA to purchase a new van and provide for maintenance, gas and insurance for five years.
- Chosen as recipient of Loureiro Engineering’s annual community service project, which built a two-car garage/storage shed free of charge.
- Completed a Strategic Plan with its Board of Directors.
54 South Canal Street, Plainville, CT 06062
(860) 747-1919 GET OUR HELP | GIVE US HELP